Monday, December 19, 2011

Emotionally Involved



I love to read and there's nothing better than a great fiction story that I can fall right into. When the Heart Cries did more than draw me in, I fell into this book! I picked it up planning to read just a little and then go to bed. I stayed up past midnight finishing it! It's been a long time since I got so emotionally involved with characters. Cindy Woodsmall paints a beautiful portrait of an Amish girl who is set apart.

Although Hannah is stepping outside of the norm, she is woefully mistreated by circumstances beyond her own control. The journey that she takes emotionally and physically following her abuse is heart wrenching. The series of events that take place are so frustrating as she is met with misunderstanding after complicated misunderstanding. Just when you think it can't get any worse, new tragedies strike her family and then Hannah. Cindy Woodsmall again has done a great job of bringing you into an Amish community. This story focuses mostly on one family but you can see the influences of the bigger group.

If you looking for a fiction read that you won't be able to put down, pick up When the Heart Cries. Make sure you have a few hours to finish it!

I received this book for the purpose of review from Waterbrook Multnomah. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.

Please take a moment to rate my review.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!