Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Didn't Know That!


My kids LOVE animals. No seriously they LOVE LOVE LOVE learning about animals, seeing different kinds of animals, and asking millions of questions about animals. Hubby is very interested in reptiles and has owned several different types of reptiles over the years so I think they got their fascination from him. Anyhow when this HUGE book called World of Animals arrived with a very cool picture of a tiger on the front, Apple & Speedy were stoked! They plopped down and dug right in.

World of Animals is full of interesting animal facts. What poisonous fish is considered a delicacy in some Asian countries? What bug surrounds itself with a froth known as "snake spit"? These and many more unusual facts can be found throughout this reference book. Best of all the book is broken into sections by animal classifications which we just studied in our homeschool science co-op! So the book begins with protists and ends with mammals! And within each animal group the pages are broken down into specific animals like African monkeys and colubrid snakes. This is just a terrific reference book that will supplement so many science curriculums and studies.

I may not be as obsessed with animals as my kids are but I love books like this on our homeschool shelves. That way when my kids are asking those million questions that I don't know the answer to, it's right at my fingertips! There is something timeless about opening a book to find an answer!

I received this book from New Leaf Publishing for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!