And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Still Emotionally Involved





When I read When the Heart Cries, I became totally involved in the story of Hannah Lapp. Very few series grab my attention and hold onto it like the tale of Hannah, a young Amish girl who suffers a terrible attack and ends up shunned by her community. After finishing the first book in the series, I quickly scooped up the second and finished it in one night. I could barely wait for the third installment to arrive in the mail! When the Soul Mends did not disappoint. Although I was feeling very impatient in finding out Hannah's end result, Cindy Woodsmall did a terrific job of weaving the tale and leaving me guessing about Hannah's future until the very end.

What a mess things have become as Hannah is drawn to return to Owl's Perch after a frantic call from her sister Sarah. Hannah doesn't want to leave the comfort of her home and her life as a nurse and student. Hannah is quickly confronted with all the pains from her past- Paul, her Daed, Sarah, and the community that is still shunning her. How will Hannah work her painful past into her content present? How will she balance her life with Martin versus the care her sister needs? Will Hannah run away again?

The Sisters of the Quilt series is one I won't quickly forget. The stories are intriguing and well written. Cindy Woodsmall has a great voice to share the Amish community with the "Englischer" world. Pick up the series today and you won't put it down until you reach the very end!

I received this book from WaterBrook Multnomah for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds interesting. I'll have to look for it. Hugs and have a great week! :O)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!