And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

We Can All Use a Little Help....



One of my favorite books of all time is The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. It is a terrific book and I'm constantly recommending it.  When I came across Happily Ever After I was so excited to see another marriage book by Gary Chapman. I will be the first to tell you that reading books about marriage should be a constant. Marriage is not easy and if you wait until there's a problem, you're going to need a lot more than a book to help you. I'd say marriage is mostly a roller coaster ride of ups and downs and Hubby and I have had our share of each over the past 10 years.

Happily Ever After contains six steps to make your marriage successful. Mr. Chapman explores each step in length with real life stories, tips, and applications. From conflicts to intimacy to in laws, it feels like he covers it all. The conflicts chapter had to be my favorite. I think we all probably know these things but we all need reminders so we can use them. My spouse is my mate for life and I want our relationship to be at its best.

Of course the number one need in every marriage is Christ as the center and Mr. Chapman certainly understands and implements that. If I was the one doling out the advice my next would be "Love your neighbor as yourself" and as our Sunday School teacher says, your closest neighbor is your spouse. That's about the extent of good advice except read Happily Ever After and then pass it to your spouse so they can read it also.

I received this book from Tyndale Publishers for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!