And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, January 21, 2012

He is First, I am Second



When I received I AM SECOND by Doug Bender and Dave Sterrett, I wasn't really sure what it was going to be about. I cracked it open and saw a name for each chapter. Some of the names were extremely familiar like Bethany Hamilton and Michael W. Smith but some I had never heard like Brian "Head" Welch. I started to read planning to only get through one or two chapters before going to bed. 15 chapters later I didn't want to put it down but I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore! I finished it early the next day.

The concept is simple, a group of people from different walks of life sharing their stories about how God has touched their lives. People giving their testimony of why they are second and He is first. While the concept is simple, the stories are anything but. These testimonies are gut wrenching, some familiar, and all awe inspiring. What miracles God has performed from the greatest of these to the least of these. I held my breath as I turned page after page. I cried, I laughed, I was inspired. I learned about people like "Head" Welch who was once a member of Korn. I learned more about people like Michael W. Smith. And I related in a new way to each one of them. They opened their lives (which is SO hard to do) and shared about their struggles.

What a fabulous reminder that we all struggle. We all have needed and do need the amazing saving grace of Jesus. Are you struggling? Have you always wanted to know more about the one that is called Savior? Have you wondered if any "regular" people believe in Him? Do you just need your fire for Him renewed? Read I AM SECOND, learn more about the concept and see more testimony on the website http://www.iamsecond.com/. I just watched the video on the website of Josh Turner's testimony and it is wonderful! Grab a tissue!

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!