And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Butterflies, Ladybugs, and Squirrels, Oh My!

Apple just loves to read (I know I tell you that all the time). She will read pretty much anything she can get her hands on. Of course I prefer for her to read things that will enrich her mind. Last semester we studing life forms (animals and insects) in Science so Creation Kids Club Butterflies, Ladybugs, and Squirrels by Amy Webb was a timely review. Apple just loved this book. She was very sad that I made her read each section a day at a time. This little book packs a lot of info into 28 pages.

{Please excuse the picture quality, not sure what happened}

Little Bonnie goes on an adventure to tell us about 3 of God's fascinating creatures. This is well acheived with vibrant, bright illustrations and lots of facts packed into cute tidbits. There is even a story about a princess included! Score one for the 4-7 year old girl crowd! The book is broken into a section for each life form and each section has some special activity. For butterflies it is the princess story, for squirrels it was a possible craft, and for ladybugs it was a drawing guide. Apple loved drawing the ladybugs!

 {This one is blurry too. Sorry!}


I love that the book has so many interesting little fact tidbits in it. I know the beautiful pictures really brought Apple into the book. I like that it's broken into easy "teachable" sections but it's laid out as a story about Bonnie as well. This is the kind of book that can be slipped onto a child's bookshelf as a pleasure book but it's really a learning resource. These are great as little homeschool helpers as well. Apple and Speedy take after Hubby and love Science so this is right up their alley! I think the book is geared towards girls since it's done in a "frilly" way with a female lead but boys might enjoy it as well {especially if you were reading it out loud to them}. It is perfect for young elementary age girls that can read.

Creation Kids Club Butterflies, Ladybugs, and Squirrels will be available soon! You can find more information at Creation Today.

Creation Today provided me with a copy of this book for review purposes. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. My girls are 7 and 9. Would they enjoy this book? Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the 7 yo would really like it! The 9 yr old might find the information too simple and it is a very short book. It would be helpful for a project on ladybugs, squirrels, or butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!