And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Where Were These 4 Years Ago?





Wow I seriously wish this product was available when I was potty training Apple! And Speedy! When I was pregnant with Speedy, I had potty training bootcamp with Apple. I was determined not to have 2 kids in diapers (and I was successful!). She was obsessed with seeing every public bathroom she could. Let's face it, public bathrooms are NASTY!!! I bought her a fold up portable potty seat but it was less than perfect. It would bend as though it were going to fall in and once it pinched her leg. It also was nasty to be carrying it around because I couldn't sanitize it everytime. Plus it only covered the portion of the seat where her bottom touched. She still put hands, legs, etc all over the public toliet. FREAK OUT! UGH! We never even tried that seat with Speedy. Luckily he was not as thrilled about public bathrooms so we only had issues a few times for him. Now however he wants to stand up and lean all over the potty to go and don't even get me started about him touching the toliet to raise the lid.... EEWWWW!

Needless to say I was thrilled when our pack of PottyCovers arrived!! These disposable covers come in nifty, portable packs and are so easy to use. They unfold into a rather large cover that just sits on the potty. The WHOLE seat, around the sides, and down the front are covered. It is amazing. It is also waterproof backing so no germies seep through the cover. We have tried it for Apple and Speedy and they both like them! It takes girls a long time to develop those muscles to "hover" so Apple is just as excited to use these. They are marketed for boys standing up but let me tell you, it works for them too! Speedy was able to lean forward without worrying about his legs touching the potty and he didn't have to lift the seat. When kids are finished, you just throw the cover away.

At $5.99 for a pack of 6, I think these are a great deal. Even if you just keep them around for #2 times, you are getting your money's worth. You can buy PottyCovers on Amazon, Ebay, or at some Bed, Bath, and Beyond stores. You can also win a pack right here! PottyCovers is giving one lucky Carter Chaos reader a FREE pack to try!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.





Sponsored by Tomoson.com


a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. Totally gonna need these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my girl definately could use this. She can't reach the floor, so I try not to think about the fact that she's having to hold onto the sides of the toilet. *shutters*

    ReplyDelete
  3. We found that using a reward chart was a good way to get our daughter to keep with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a good friend whose 3 year old is really resisting potty training. Maybe these will help in some small way. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know someone that can use these! Best potty training tip? Dont do it too early!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!