And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Beauty and the Babe



Apple is growing and maturing everyday. It scares me to death! I struggle with my own self image so I really worry about giving her a great self image. When I saw The Lily Series: The Beauty Book by Nancy Rue, I was immediately intrigued. I love books for my daughter that have Biblical messages to help her cope with real life. Now I've seen this book recommended for 7-12 and 8-13. I want to say I'm really glad I read it before handing it to Apple.

She just turned 7 and is very mature for her age but I don't think she's quite ready for this book yet. It may be in 6 months or in a year but for right now I will hold this one back from her. The information in it is wonderful! I love the way the book is presented. It is written in language designed just for young girls. The chapters are broken down to deal with individual parts of your body like skin, hands and feet, and even clothes. I love, love, love that there is a whole chapter about our bodies being temples and how to treat them that way!

This is a terrific resource if you have a daughter in her tween years. The reason I will hold it back is because some of the chapters focus on the beginning of puberty and she just isn't there yet. We haven't had some of the important heart to hearts on that subject yet. However I will tuck this book away and it will be one of the first that I give her on these subjects. This book really is fantastic on teaching young girls how to be feminine and care for their bodies while using scripture to back up the ideas. In a world that wants to steal our little girls minds and bodies, it is refreshing to find a resource to help protect them and their girliness.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now (7 pages back on your wedgit)and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!