And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wanna take a trip to the Grand Canyon?

I have never been to the Grand Canyon. You're shocked, I know! It's one place that has always fascinated me and I'd love to take my kids on a trip there. But.....well funds are limited and whenever we do get to take a trip we usually head straight for the beach. So...... how can I teach my kids about such a monumental place? Well I can look up all sorts of information on it but most of it comes from a secular viewpoint and throws out lots of confusing information.

Enter.....Awesome Science: Episode 1: Explore the Grand Canyon with Noah Justice. This isn't a book, it isn't a website, and it isn't secular! This is a 30 minute DVD program with a Christian creation theme that will teach your kids everything they want to know about the Grand Canyon. Sound boring, because let me tell you it is anything but! Noah Justice is a kid, a cool kids with an awesome hat, who is going to walk them around the Grand Canyon step by step. He gives tons of information on the Grand Canyon and example after example of the evidence to support the Biblical view.

Maybe you are thinking that your kids don't usually learn much for a DVD program. They will with this one. There is a study guide that goes right along with the DVD to reinforce the things they have learned and to help you go back over any information they may have missed. It really is fantastic. We've been breaking it down, watching it in short segments, and my kids keep begging for more!

I'd recommend this series (other titles are available) for any Biblical homeschoolers. I think it is geared to elementary aged kids although some middle school children might find the information valuable. I was very impressed with every aspect. I do wish the study guide had some simple coloring pages or something similar for PreK and K kids.

I received this DVD from New Leaf Publishing for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!