And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, May 25, 2012

Finally an Instruction Manual....

Actually Dave Stone is very clear at the beginning of Raising Your Kids to Love the Lord that it is not an instruction manual. Your only instruction manual for raising your kids is the B-I-B-L-E. However Mr. Stone does a fabulous job of reaffirming us Christian parents and giving us practical guidance as we steer our little ones to following the Lord. His advice goes all the way up to grown up children so no matter what the age of your offspring, this book is for you!

I love the advice in this small book. He speaks directly to moms and directly to dads and to both together. His essential advice is the essential key: LIVE IT OUT. Your children aren't going to "do as I say, not as I do." Truly they are not. Follow the Lord and the Bible to your best ability and so will they. For help along the way turn to this books and books like this. I love keeping this on my nightstand because at the end of the day, when nothing has gone right, and I couldn't wait until bedtime arrived, I can pick it up and read a few pages for affirmation and for a little fuel to face the day tomorrow.

Your kids are precious, your time with them is limited, remember how to make it count.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!