And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, July 30, 2012

Little Artists







Ahh the summer has so quickly passed us by. Our school year begins Wednesday and I just shake my head and wonder where those long lazy weeks went because we were BUSY BUSY BUSY the last 8 weeks. Busier than we are during our school year. Crazy stuff. However I can be thankful that we have an exciting new art curriculum to use this term. Apple is so artistically minded and I just can't help her much in that area of study. My drawings are limited to stick people and square houses. (Maybe I should be the one using this DVD!)



Steps4Kids is back with another fantastic DVD curriculum. As with all their items, Draw is terrific for homeschoolers but could be applicable for any children that want further study in an area. My kids love DVD format curriculums because they feel like they are watching TV, not doing school. They seem to learn well by DVD as they are able to pay attention without getting bored and they retain the knowledge because they have so many visual reminders.

Draw is wonderful. It was named "DVD of the Year" by Creative Child Magazine. There are several categories to choose from like people, animals, and shapes. That makes the art lessons applicable for various ages. Within each category kids can pick the lesson they want to focus on for that lesson and each one only takes a few minutes. At the end the children feel so rewarded with their new artwork. Apple quickly took her first page of animals and stuck it on the fridge.


Speedy has not shown much interest in drawing in the past but I'm excited for him to start with the shapes and move through the different lessons. We will be fitting this art DVD into our school week at least once a week. These are great lessons they can do between other subjects for a few minutes of "fun time." 

You can find out more about Steps4Kids on their Facebook page and on their website. You can also check out my review of their Modern Manuscript DVD here. For a limited time, Steps4Kids is offering a discount to Carter Chaos readers. Check out their website and if you make a purchase of $10 or more, you can receive a 30% discount by using the code blogn30. The code is valid through the end of August. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!