And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Being a Mom Isn't Always Easy

Wow. In the midst of life, I find myself worn out! We've started homeschool, we're gearing up for choir and soccer, we are still adjusting to attending a new church, there are lots of changes right now with friends moving and changing jobs, and within our own family Hubby has some serious training this fall that will be turning our lives upside down even more. I'm tired and I'm cranky and I'm finding it easy to say well if it wasn't for this XXXXX or if it wasn't for that XXXXX or if this was different XXXX, THEN I could relax, be in a better mood, accomplish more, laugh a little, heck I could breath a little!

Then God stepped in. In black and white words typed on a page He reminded me that it isn't about me. He reminded me that my attitude shouldn't be based on this or that. He reminded me that I need to Be the Mom He has called me to be in every circumstance. Wow. His timing is always perfect.


If you are finding yourself in the midst of storms or even if you are in the rut of everyday life as a mom trapped in a heap of laundry and grocery lists, you need to read Be a Mom by Tracey Lanter Eyster. Tracey is a real mom like us and she gives it to you straight. She isn't trying to talk over your head or make you feel bad about yourself. Tracey (I feel like I know her on a personal basis after reading this book) just wants to encourage us so we can be the BEST moms we can be. She wants us to be good moms because she knows that mom's attitude impacts the whole house.


Be the Mom outlines traps that we so easily fall into. Take no fear, she isn't just wagging her finger at us telling us all the things we shouldn't do. No. She is giving us advice. Simple, inexpensive, Bible based ideas to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, say a prayer, and move on to a better day, a better relationship with our families. This book was so timely for me.

It doesn't end with the book this time! Tracey will be conducting a virtual Facebook party from the MOPS convention on  *NOTE TIME CHANGE* THURSDAY AUGUST 9 at 9 pm Central Time. A Facebook party is very similar to a Twitter party. It's a live chat. It will conducted on the Be the Mom Facebook page. "Treat this just like you would a live book club discussion or party. Go grab yourself a soda, sweet tea, coffee or hot cocoa, a snack, and MINGLE."

That's not all! "Tracey and Pine Cove Christian Camps in Tyler, Texas are teaming up to give away one FREE camp registration for summer 2013! Tracey and her family have attended camp at Pine Cove for over 12 years and she knows life change happens there. For that reason, Tracey is donating all her author proceeds from Be the Mom to Pine Cove. Check it out at www.pinecove.com!" To be eligible for the giveaway "like" the Be the Mom and Pine Cove Facebook pages and "follow" Pine Cove and Momblog on Twitter. Then simply leave a comment on any post on www.bethemom.com letting them know you liked all the pages and you will be entered in the drawing.


I received this book from the Tyndale Blog Network for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own. Additional information on Facebook party and giveaway were received from TBN.


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Thank you so much for reviewing my book and sharing how God spoke to you through my heart words. I am humbled and blessed reading your words...oh, and you made me cry. God is able...when we are willing. May you be blessed as you Be The Mom! Love those babies of yours well! Big Hugs, Tracey :0)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!