And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Get Rid of Those Creepy Crawlies!

We live in an older home that is surrounded by huge, mature trees. We love it because the trees provide such wonderful shade from this hot Tennessee sun. One of the drawbacks to all that shade though is ants. When it rains especially we get ants outside, inside, everywhere! They seem to thrive in the shade and soil around our house. While this dry, hot summer has had horrible effects on crops I can't say I've missed the ants. We finally had a few short showers and yep the back patio was covered in ants!

No fear I had Combat Source Kill Max! Now let me preface this with saying that this product is intended for use indoors and I can promise you that when I see just one ant inside I will be breaking out another pack! But since my ants were outside for now I decided to give it a try and see how it worked. I was very pleased with the results! Combat Source Kill Max Ant Gel is a tube of gel that is so easy to use in cracks, crevices, and really anywhere you need to get rid of ants.



Since I wasn't experiencing any ants inside I decided to test it outside on my patio. There were 100s of ants going up a pole and across the wood on the ceiling. I used the gel all along the crevice and instantly saw some ants dying. Combat says the Source Kill Max gel allows the ants to take the poison back to the colony thus killing the whole population. I believe it! I saw some ants dead at the gel but many more were still going away. I checked in a few hours and there were only a few stragglers left on the ceiling and the pole. I give this product 2 thumbs up! Combat Source Kill Max also comes in an ant bait. These little traps allow the ant to go in, collect the poison and then return to the colony killing all the residents there including the queen. The ant baits are a much safer option where there are children and pets. Both options are much safer than sprays which can't be contained to a single area and leave a horrible pesticide smell.

Combat is doing 2 exciting things! First they are holding a $1000 sweepstakes to hold your very own Bug Free Backyard Bash! It's so simple to enter! Follow this link, watch a very short video, and fill out the form!
Second they would like to offer one Carter Chaos reader their own Combat Source Kill Max Ant Bait and Ant Gel package. These would be great to have on hand BEFORE you have an ant problem! 

To make it simple, just follow the link to the Combat page and enter the sweepstakes, print off the $1 coupon, and/or just take a look around and come back to let me know you did it. Leave a comment below telling me which you did and your valid email address. On September 15 I will use random.org to pick a winner! If you give this post a +1, share it on Facebook, or Tweet about it let me know in the comments and you will get an extra entry! 

Combat provided a free sample of their Ant Bait and Gel so I could review them. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I took a look around the Combat website and their tips and strategies - I'm dealing with an annoying ant problem right now, so I definitely want to try out their bait!

    flutterby2188 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. jamesf150@bellsouth.netSeptember 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

    The gel product would be much easier than dealing with a powder bait. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!