And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sometimes It's Louder Than Words

Does God ever SHOUT at you? Sometimes He seems to SHOUT at me. Not a verbal loud SHOUT but by presenting the same things to me over and over and over again. He knows I don't always get it the first time so he will make sure I hear His words on a topic over and over. I'll be honest and say sometimes it still takes me a while to listen. I've mentioned it before but fall is just going to be a tough season for us. I love fall it's my favorite time of year with football, bonfires, chili, sweaters, and hot cocoa but this year is different. My hubby has some extensive training to do over the next couple of months and so our lives are going to be CRAZY.

Now obviously from the title you know CHAOTIC is our norm but honestly I'm all about routine and schedule and .....control and I'm not going to have any of that for a little while and right smack in the middle of the holiday season. So you know what I've been drowning in? Fear. Oooh shudder. What an ugly word! Fear. We aren't suppose to fear when we know Jesus. He calmed storms, He performed miracles, and He died for us so we don't need to fear. But it creeps in doesn't it? One little life change and some of us (raising my hand) are instantly drowning in fear, worry, and self doubt.

But God loves us and He wants us to remember who is in control. So He has been shouting at me! Through sermons on FEAR, devotionals on FEAR, conversations with friends about this FEAR, and through another little Kay Arthur study called Breaking Free From Fear. I needed to be shouted at. I needed all these reminders at once to remember not to FEAR. And through the next few months I will return to those words again and again until life settles back down. Immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Mark 6:50


Even those of you that do not consider yourself fearful or a worrier will learn from this book. It's a quick Bible study but a fantastic one. It's easy to do on your own time but would wonderful in a small group. Take time for yourself and remember that FEAR can be combated with the peace of Jesus! Read the first chapter here.


I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!