I was selected to host a Keurig Vue House Party!!! SQUEAL!!! Okay deep breaths. I am a huge coffee lover. I've had my Keurig Special Edition for about 2 years now and I've never looked back. Hot coffee on demand, tons of flavor choices, versatile enough for tea, iced coffee, hot chocolate, etc. It has gotten plenty of use. The Keurig Vue is the hottest revamp of the Keurig line. It uses a whole new line of Vue cups rather than K cups and it has so many more features.
So I get to host a fantastic party later this month to debut the Vue to family and friends. Well lucky me the Vue arrived today with a sample pack! Even though Hubby and I had already had 2 cups of coffee each when it arrived, I set it right up to try it out!
While this new experience is still fresh in mind, I want to share it all with you!
The force (a light saber DS stylus) was really helpful with the touch screen. I was able to set the clock, adjust the temperature setting, set an energy saver timer, and set an auto on time for the mornings!
Ahhh! Beauties! The day I announced that I was chosen on my personal FB page the line began for my old brewer! For now we will keep them both until we decide who the lucky recepient will be.
- It's slick and stylish
- It has a clock
- It has an auto on
- It has an energy saver AND an auto off time selection
- I can adjust the temperature
- It has different selections for brewing coffee, iced coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- It makes all the way up to a travel size mug full
What I'm not impressed with:
- You cannot see the max fill line when the reservior is in place
- It's louder than my other Keurig
- It splatters when it's brewing BUT the bottom tray can be moved up to put the cup closer to the nozzle which would eliminate the splatter. Lesson learned.
- The K Cups/ Vue Cups are not interchangable and so far I haven't found Vue cups for sale in store locally **UPDATE- I found some at the local Bed, Bath, & Beyond today and they had my favorite- Donut Shop! WOOHOO!
- The Vue cups are much larger and do not fit in either of the K Cup holders I already have. I have one mounted on the wall and one that will sit on the counter and neither will work. The holders are $20- $30 each so I really wish one was coming with my party pack. It isn't on the list but maybe it will be a surprise in the other box ?!?!
- I have very small hands and I still needed to use a stylus for the settings on the touch screen. It wasn't a problem since we have styluses on hand but I'd have been mad if I had to buy one just to set the clock for my coffee pot!
So this is merely the beginning my sweet readers! More to come on the Vue, House Party, Keurig, and my coffee addiction!
Please enter my latest giveaway here until Sept 15.