And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Imagination

It has been ages since I listened to a book on tape. That should tell you something. It was books on tape, not books on CD. I loved listening to them while I was driving when I was in high school and college. As I've gotten older, I'm totally distractable so the idea of books aloud hasn't been very appealing. I also haven't read anything from Dickens in about that long. In middle school and high school, I got my fill of Dickens and haven't visited him since then. When I got the opportunity to review Oliver Twist in Radio Theater form, I was intrigued.




This really is a piece of art. From the beautiful cover to the wonderfully done audio work, the whole thing is fantastic. The story comes to life through your speakers as the actors portray each part in voice. With sound effects and voice inflection it's so easy to imagine the scene as you listen. The bonus DVD includes behind the scenes footage in documentary form as well as a look at the orphan epidemic we face today.

I think Focus on the Family has done a great job of bringing this story back to the fore front as the orphan crisis gains attention. Please pray with me for the orphans of today. Pray for foster families, adoptions, and babies in cribs with no one to respond to their cries. Pray for families that desperately want to adopt but don't have the resources available to them.

I received this set from Tyndale Blog Network for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own and I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!