And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Remind Me Daily


I told you awhile back about the book I am Second. I'm so excited to be a part of a blogging group for the release of Live Second 365 Ways to Make Jesus First. I read lots of books (duh) and I've reviewed several devos for you. What makes me excited about THIS devo? Because I need to be reminded every single day that He is first and I am second. In the midst of everyday life it is SO easy to make myself the priority. Too easy. I don't want Him to be first only when it is convenient (like Sunday morning), I want Him to be first every hour of every day.

Friends & I were recently discussing this very subject. Our society blasts us with what we "need." While Hubby is still doing intensive training that keeps him away from home a lot, everyone I talk to says "Oh you NEED a break. Oh you NEED some time to yourself. Oh you NEED a trip with hubby. Oh you NEED a maid or a babysitter or a chef or whatever." I fell for it at first. "YES I DO NEED ALL THOSE THINGS because my lovely children are making me crazy and I'm exhausted and the house is a mess and I miss my hubby and we've eaten sandwiches for 3 days." Right. Then God spoke gently to my heart and reminded me that HE is what I need and HE is right here with me. He is first, I am second.

We are called to be servants. We are called for His glory, not our own. Let's read Live Second so we can be reminded daily. Coming soon (Dec 9-15) you will see some (4)  special blog posts dedicated to a few of the daily readings from Live Second. Look for them here on the blog and be sure to tell me what you think!



I received a copy of Live Second as part of a blogging group for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own. Are you a blogger that is interested in participating in this book launch? If so email launch@iamsecond.com. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Yes we do need to be reminded everyday to put God first and this book will be an excellent tool to help us do that!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!