And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, November 12, 2012

What's Cooking?

I love my Crock Pot! It gets so much use all year long. I find it so stress free to throw in a bunch of ingredients in the morning and then have a piping hot meal ready for us in the evening. However like all cooking methods, the meals can get a little redundant after a while. That's one reason I was so excited to hear about the new Crock Pot Seasoning Mixes. Wow!

I've tried 3 varieties: BBQ Pulled Pork, Hearty Beef Stew, and Savory Pot Roast. I have to tell you that all 3 were fantastic! I really was surprised. I typically add extra seasoning and spices to everything I cook. I didn't need to add anything to these mixes and you can follow the simple recipe on the back to make a lovely homemade meal. I prepared the BBQ Pulled Pork using a large pork tenderloin. That mix does require vinegar and brown sugar. I also added some chopped onion. I made the Savory Pot Roast exactly like that package instructed. I decided to do something a little different with the Hearty Beef Stew. I cut a roast into big chunks, added the mix and the water the mix called for, and I threw in a whole jar of banana peppers and juice. Whew! By far that was our favorite meal. The kids only ate the potatos out of that one because they said the meat was too spicy but the grown ups that were over to eat raved over it!

 BBQ Pulled Pork

 I loaded a salad with the pulled pork. Oh my!


 Prepping for the Savory Pot Roast



 Everything goes in....

 Look what comes out! Whoa!

 And the stew. Oh the wonderful stew!


So now that you are drooling on your computer, you will want to go out and get these mixes to try! Go ahead and get one of each. They are all terrific. Also Crock Pot offers loads of extra recipes for their Seasoning Mixes on their website.

I received free Seasoning Mixes from Crock Pot and Smiley360 for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!