And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Be Bold #IASwillyoureally

This is the last of 4 posts I will write this week based on the new devotional Live Second. To learn more about Live Second or I am Second click the links.

Week 2: Day 7 Will You Really?

Will You Really? asks will we really talk to God with honesty like Abraham did in Genesis 18:23-25.

"God is not shocked by our grievances or deaf to our concerns.
Abraham challenged God’s actions and questioned his plans." (Live Second, pg 15)

I tend to be loud, mouthy, and opinionated. It is rare that those around me don't know exactly what I'm thinking. In my prayer time I tend to be a different person. I'm quiet and I throw in a lot of disclaimers like "if it's your will" or "if you think it is best." After re-reading this passage in Genesis and considering Genesis 32 when Jacob physically wrestled with God, I need to think again about my demeanor in prayer. It is necessary to be respectful towards the God of the universe but I believe He wants to hear our true, passionate pleas. He already knows our hearts so why not come before Him with boldness to say "Lord I NEED, Lord I WANT, Lord PLEASE give." 

Those passionate pleas shouldn't always be about us. I want to make my prayers for my husband, my children, my friends, my family, church members, those that do not believe, the sad person at the grocery store, etc PASSIONATE. It's taken years of prayers to turn myself into an all day prayer person. I don't wait for my quiet time or even stop everything to pray with someone. I pray silently all throughout the day. I pray during school time with the kids, I pray doing the dishes, I pray driving down the road, I pray silently while on a phone call with a friend, I pray when I see a need, and I do pray right before falling asleep. I've found that I can't remember all the prayer requests to hold until one special time so I pray all day. Obviously some days it is much more than other days but I encourage you to try that. Try keeping an open line with God throughout your normal routine. And be BOLD in your requests, God can handle it!


I received a copy of Live Second as part of a blogging group for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!