And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

BOOM #IASchild


This is the second of 4 posts I will write this week based on the new devotional Live Second. To learn more about Live Second or I am Second click the links.

Week 2: Day 4 Child

Child is a short passage based on Sarah & Abraham in Genesis 21: 1-7 and the blessing that God gave them by fulfilling their wish and His promise to them in the birth of Isaac.

"How might the way we treat our
families, do our jobs, or interact with others change if we believed
that the God who loved Abraham loves us as well?" (Live Second, pg 12)

BOOM! I think that's how Sarah and Abraham felt when Isaac was finally born. They had waited more than a lifetime for a child, they had tried to do it their way, they had given up, they had even laughed at God when He insisted it would happen......and then BOOM! There was Isaac. Wow. Takes my breath away. How often do I give up on God? How often do I scoff at the idea that He will provide what I am asking for? Let me just say WAY too often. 

Hubby & I have been through a long, trying season. It has seemingly gone on and on and on. I'll admit, I've scoffed at the idea that it will change. I've given up. I've tried it my way. After reading this today, I have hope again. God will bring our BOOM in His time. The BOOM is coming! Get ready! Expect it! Anticipate it! And draw closer to Him while you are waiting for it. BOOM.

I received a copy of Live Second as part of a blogging group for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!