And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Great Reading for any Fiction Lover





I love to read fiction. Normally I don't have as much time as I'd like but now that Hubby has completed the academy and is home on vacation, I have had lots of leisurely evenings to indulge. A Kingsbury Collection was just what I needed. By well known Christian fiction author Karen Kingsbury, this selection offers 3 novels in one. I really expected that it would be a trilogy type book but it wasn't. However I was pleasantly surprised at just how much I enjoyed each individual story. With story lines revolving around Christians, relationships, jobs, adoption, and more, each "book" drew me in and kept me involved.

The first story Where Yesterday Lives brings us the story of Ellen as she struggles with a death, a conflict in her marriage, and confronting her past. The second story When Joy Came to Stay tells us of Maggie. Maggie wears a mask of perfection while struggling on the inside. She has some heavy issues to face and God sees her through each of them. Last but not least was On Every Side about a small town's battle to save a Jesus statue in the park. This story was one that I really had to make myself get through the first chapter or two but once I did I was so glad I stuck with it. The writing style was a bit different and using names like Joshua and Moses surrounding the Battle of Jericho Park was a little much for my taste. However it turned into a wonderful story with a terrific ending.

I've heard of Karen Kingsbury many times but I haven't read many of her works. That will change now. With these three stories that are so intriguing, I can't wait to read more of her books! So if you have some extra time for Christmas break or you'd just like some wonderful selections to begin your New Year, pick up A Kingsbury Collection. You won't be disappointed.


I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own and I was not required to write a positive review.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book series!

    BTW-If you are interested, I have 6 giveaways going on at my site if you want to pop over. Hope you have a great week!

    Diane :O)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!