And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Restless

I'm restless. Ill at ease. Uncomfortable. I don't know why.


I've watched my husband graduate from the law enforcement academy after 10 long weeks. I saw him receive a special award. I cried with joy and pride.



I enjoyed a couple of days out of town. Enjoyed time in Nashville (one of my favorite places ever).


I had a great time at a wonderful birthday party for my mom who is celebrating a new decade. I watched my precious, beautiful babies perform in an amazing church Christmas program. I've completed the decorating, the Christmas cards, the shopping, the wrapping, and more. 

Even with all of that I'm restless. I'm blessed beyond measure, joyful beyond belief, but something just isn't right. 

I was deeply saddened by the Sandy Hook tragedy. I've prayed for those families (including the gunman's family) and I've wept for them. To be honest though, I've been overwhelmed with all the coverage. We've carefully shielded our children from the information (a home school blessing). It's not as easy to shield ourselves. Constant coverage on television, the paper, the radio, Facebook, and other social media outlets. It's too much. I imagine the families think it's too much. Even the well meaning stories are too much. 

Even worse than all of that is the hate and bitterness that is being spewed amongst "friends." Anger at a situation, disbelief at the evil in the world has pitted friend against friend. Christian against Christian. Brother against brother. No matter which side of the issues you stand on, I hope you are aware that guns and mental illness aren't where the fight lies. The fight doesn't stem from school security or parental involvement. We need to stop pointing fingers. We need to quit calling one another the enemy. There is but one enemy.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

In other words, we aren't fighting one another. Or we shouldn't be. We are fighting evil. We are fighting Satan. Take away the guns, (PS I DO NOT AGREE that my constitutional right to bear arms should be changed at all) evil will still exist. Put an armed officer in every single school in America, evil will still exist. Pull all children from public school and home school them all (would love to see that happening but know it isn't possible for most families), evil will still exist. Fight each other, spew venom and hatred on Facebook, evil will still exist. 

You want our world to change? You want America's quick, deep spiral into chaos to reverse? You want peace, love, and happiness? You want your children to be safe? You want to sleep soundly at night? PRAY. Pray now. Pray everyday. Pray together. NEVER CEASE. Beg and plead for America. Beg and plead for our world. Pray to the one true God and bare your soul to Him. Turn from evil. Turn from selfishness. Turn from hatred. Seek Jesus.

Isaiah 9:6 And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Pray.


Getting this off my chest may or may not make me more comfortable. It doesn't really matter either way. If I need to stay restless so that I spend all day in prayer, so be it. It's a small price to pay in exchange for Jesus dying for my sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!