And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Taking the Backseat #IASishefirst

This is the third of 4 posts I will write this week based on the new devotional Live Second. To learn more about Live Second or I am Second click the links.
Week 2: Day 6 Is He First?


Is He First? uses Genesis 22:1-19 to explore priorities. Are your desires and "needs" first or do you listen to God and give Him everything?

"What takes priority in your life? What makes you hesitate when
God says, “Give it up.” (Live Second, pg 14)

God puts me in the backseat ALL the time. You think I would learn to stay there! I am a creature of habit. I love my comfortable rut, but God never lets me stay there long. I'm glad He doesn't. If He left me alone, that's what I would be, ALONE. I need His constant prodding to get up and get out there to do His work, spread His gospel, enjoy His blessings. It never gets any easier. I wish it did. So many things happen in our lives that aren't my desire, aren't a part of my plans, aren't what I want. I'm not bitter. I'm ecstatic! HIS PLANS ARE ALWAYS BEST. Truly. HIS PLANS WORK! Mine usually don't. 

God sees the whole picture from beginning to end and He has plans for us all. My husband just completed 10 weeks at the law enforcement academy. Let me just tell you, I would NEVER choose for my husband to leave the kids and I for 10 weeks. Oh mercy it was HARD. I wondered if we would make it. We did. God loves us. He spoiled us with His generosity and blessings over those 10 weeks and now we are all better for it. Hubby made us so proud with his accomplishments while he was there and now he has some great opportunities ahead of him. Priorities. My priority is to serve the one, true living God. What's yours?

I received a copy of Live Second as part of a blogging group for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!