And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Awesome Science Season 2


I'm so glad Noah Justice is back for Season 2 of Awesome Science! The first episode of Season 2 (episode 4) is Explore Yosemite and Zion National Parks. I love that I always learn new things along side my children when watching these videos. I had never heard of Zion National Park and I learned that Yosemite was the first land set aside for public enjoyment. As always, I love for my children to learn science and history from the creation standpoint. 

Noah Justice gives kids (and adults) great information on the proof that Yosemite National Park and Zion National Park give about Noah's flood. He gives Bible verses to go along with the information that he is explaining. This episode goes into deep detail about the Ice Age or cold Earth temperatures. The short 30 min video length is just right for Apple & Speedy's attention span. The study guide that is available works well to cement the information that they have learned in each episode. 


Each Awesome Science video opens up a world of follow up research and projects. Shadowboxes, crafts, research to show creation vs evolution theories, and swimming to better understand evaporation- the possibilities are almost endless. Series like this are perfect for parents like me that are not as science savvy. Homeschoolers will enjoy the DVD based curriculum and the possibilities for taking the information farther. Public and private school students could use the videos to learn more about science from a creation basis. Get your student into Awesome Science from Master Books!

I received this video from New Leaf Publishing for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own and I was not required to write a positive review.


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Can't wait until my munchkin is old enough to get into science-y goodness. Science rules!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!