And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Crunchy Nut Cookies



This morning I had a big bowl of Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cereal for breakfast. Ah-mazing! We've been fans of this cereal for some time now. The flakes are crunchy, the nuts are plentiful, and the taste is terrific! It's one of the few flake based cereals that doesn't get soggy in milk. Instead it stays crunchy and tasty! Just look at the terrific texture:


Add a little 1% milk and I had the perfect breakfast.


Now today it is a cold, nasty day in Tennessee. We're under a ice storm warning and it's frigid outside. We're stuck in the house, and I tend to get antsy when we are home bound. The Crunchy Nut cereal began calling my name after lunch. I couldn't justify a mid-afternoon bowl of cereal right after lunch.....what was I to do? Make cookies of course! 

You'll need: 

5 cups (or so) Crunchy Nut Golden Honey Nut flakes
1 cup white corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter  (I used a mix of crunchy & creamy)
1/2 cup of sugar


In a sauce pan over medium heat, mix your corn syrup and sugar and stir until boiling.


While that was heating up, I poured out my cereal into a large bowl and laid out some wax paper.


Once your sugar/ syrup mix is boiling, turn off the heat and stir in your peanut butter.


Once the mixture is smooth pour it over the cereal and mix gently. After it is all mixed up together, drop it by large spoonfuls onto your wax paper. 


Once the cookies have cooled and set, enjoy! I dare you to try to eat just one. They were SO good! Perfect for this cold day in the house! I hope some last until Hubby gets home from work.......


I received a free box of Kellogg's Crunchy Nut cereal for the purpose of review from Bzzagent.com. All opinions are my own.





1 comment:

  1. Someone necessarily help to make significantly articles I might state.
    That is the very first time I frequented your website page
    and up to now? I surprised with the research you
    made to make this particular post amazing.
    Excellent process!
    Also visit my page - facebook dating

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!