And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Get Started on Your Spring Clean

Ahhh I can almost feel Spring already. Even though it's almost January. And in Tennessee Spring can come in February or as late as May. I'm ready for it. Warm sunshine, the smell of freshly cut grass, and buttercups blooming everywhere. I'm ready.

But for now it's cold and a bit mushy outside. The days are short and the nights are long. My mantra of "too much" is already been repeated more times than I should admit. Today is a forced day at home. We completed school on schedule and I've actually had some time to clean. Yay! So I pulled out a trusty box of 20 Mule Team Borax and got to work!


Have you ever used Borax for cleaning? I became acquainted with Borax a few years ago and I've been a fan since then. My husband brought home a box and mixed a little with jelly. It got rid of our ant problem! After that we had almost a whole box still left and I'm not one to waste things so I took to the internet to find more uses for Borax.


I found that Borax is generally used as a laundry booster. It naturally softens hard water and improves detergent's cleaning power. I've found that it gets my whites whiter so I like to add a 1/2 cup to the load.



20 Team Mule Borax is 100% natural mineral from the Earth. It is rare but use gloves when you first use it as some do have skin allergies to it. I made cleaner as a Christmas gift this year and a week later my niece had broken out from it.

So Borax is for more than pest control and laundry. It also makes a great cleaner. Pinterest is a great place to find all sorts of uses for it. Simply type Borax in the search bar and see all that you will find! I like to use it for cleaning my tub. I just wet the tub, sprinkle in some Borax, let it sit a few minutes, and then scrub with a stiff brush. Rinse and ta-da you have a clean tub!


Borax has generously offered to give 3 of my readers a coupon each for 1 box of 20 Team Mule Borax. To enter:

**Tweet "Spring Cleaning Giveaway-Enter to win a box of #Borax from #CarterChaosBoraxContest! http://carterchaos-ecarter.blogspot.com/2013/01/get-started-on-your-spring-clean.html" and leave me a comment below with the link to your tweet and an email address to contact you. 

**Leave a comment below telling me YOUR favorite use for Borax

**Head over to the Borax Facebook page to tell them you enjoyed this review from Carter Chaos and leave a comment with the link to your comment.

Do one or all 3! The giveaway will end on January 20, 2013 at 12:00 pm CST. I will pick 3 winners the following day! 

Borax provided a free sample of their product so I could review it. All opinions are my own.

16 comments:

  1. I use it my laundry detergent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used some tonight to make more detergent. Literally. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted on their page, with link!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't make my own laundry detergent, but would LOVE to try it out. I've heard that Borax is a must for DIY laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tweeted https://twitter.com/rachgarn/status/289956139687370752
    rmmaul(at)excite(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my favorite use would be making laundry detergent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. vlhannis@bellsouth.netJanuary 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM

    I received laundry detergent made with it as a gift! Amazing! Why didn't I know this before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not used borax earlier, but I would love to use this to make my laundry detergent

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tweeted here: https://twitter.com/purplepinafore/status/292009511865171969

    Lara W.
    l-belle at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use Borax to do a detox bath and I make my own dishwasher detergent with it! THank you!
    Lara W.
    l-belle at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I left a comment on the Borax FB comment area, thank you!
    https://www.facebook.com/20MuleTeamBorax

    Lara W.
    l-belle at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://twitter.com/hjcomme/status/292145975546499073

    freebielover1 (at) yahoo (dot) com


    Heather C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I make my own laundry detergent with it.. And it makes a great non-abrasive to scrub the tubs with!


    Heather C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. https://www.facebook.com/20MuleTeamBorax/posts/10151425711355786


    Heather C.

    ReplyDelete