And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Planning for Next Year




Ahh each year I tremble with joy and anticipation until the day after Thanksgiving when Hubby finally agrees that we can put up the Christmas decorations and tree. Then around a week before Christmas I begin to grow weary of the pine needles on the floor, the lack of space in my living room, and the wrapping supplies strewn around. Usually within a day or two after Christmas, all the jolly decor disappears to the attic for the next year. This year I woke up the day after Christmas and began to dismantle the tree.

I wanted things to be different this year. I wanted to focus on our Jesse Tree Devotions and What Does God Want for Christmas? set. Unfortunately it just didn't happen. It has in the past but this year didn't work that way. I was so jealous of a particular friend that focused on the Advent this year. {Yes we Christians get jealous of each other too!}

So even though it's AFTER Christmas and I was the first one to toss all the Yule logs and fruitcakes into the attic, I want to tell you about Everything Christmas by David Bordon and Thomas J. Winters. This beautiful 300+ page book is broken into the 25 days of December. It includes such a variety of information! Recipes, Bible verses and stories, gift suggestions, stories, songs and more. Now I know EXACTLY what we will be doing as a family next December, digging deep into this book and the true meaning of Christmas. The cover says it all "Celebrate the Joy of the Advent Season with the Best of Christmas, Past & Present." Just beautiful. I'm so glad I have it now so I can be prepared before Dec 1, 2013!

I received this book for the purpose of review from Waterbrook Multnomah. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!