And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rich Experience in the Car


I've heard of this wonderful work many times but had never personally experienced the book, theater production, or movies. Until now! Les Mis√©rables Radio Theater
by Focus on the Family is my first official introduction to this moving story.

I have to admit, I'm hooked. Oh it's such a poignant story wrought with Christian morals and principles. We've been listening to it in the car. Apple and Speedy are so intrigued! I just knew that they would be begging for music. Instead they've been begging for Les Mis! Jean Valjean is our new topic of conversation. Wow. A crook that's been in jail for 19 years setting out to begin life again. Who wouldn't be intrigued?

I know there is a HUGE movie out right now with HUGE stars. I'd love to see it, get Hollywood's newest take on this classic, but I must admit I'm so glad to have experienced it in this Radio Theater form first. The writing is so rich that the imagination runs wild while listening. Hubby has even been enjoying it! 

So if you've seen the movie and you desire more or you are wanting an initial introduction to Les Mis, check out the Focus on the Family Radio Theater version. 3 hours packed into a CD set in a beautiful case. Can't beat it!

I received this disc set from Tyndale Publishers for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!