And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, January 5, 2013

What's Your Money Personality?





According to Scott & Bethany Palmer, there are 5 Money Personalities and we all have a primary one and a secondary one. Their theory is that most financial disagreements in relationships are based on differences in the money personalities. They have some compelling stories and research to back up their ideas. If you are a natural Saver and your spouse is a natural Spender then you are going to naturally have some serious arguments over finances.

Right in the beginning, I could relate to the things they were saying. As the one with the responsibility of handling the bills and accounts in our family, I've certainly felt overburdened and frustrated with the financial decisions at times. After reading this book, I can see that it isn't a matter of malice on Hubby's part, he just thinks very differently about money than I do. He hasn't had a chance to read this book yet but I will be encouraging him to do so. We need to open up the communication lines about money, plans, and personalities. 

I fall right into the Saver role. I love to save money. My whole day can be made with a purchase at a great price. Let The Money Couple help you find your money personality and help you find peace in the financial relationship you have with your spouse.

I received this book for free from Booksneeze.com for the purpose of review. I was not required to write a positive opinion.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an interesting read. I will definitely be checking it out to see where my husband and I stand lol. Now I am curious.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!