And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Picture of Heaven


How hard is it to imagine Heaven? The Bible is pretty descriptive about the mansions and streets of gold but I have a hard time REALLY imagining it. I think it's beyond our normal human comprehension. Thankfully kids have MUCH better imaginations and are open to the idea of a totally different place. However we can all use a little encouragement and reassurance now and again.



I feel like Heaven is for Real for Kids by Colton, Tood, & Sonja Burpo does just that! The beautiful illustrations and the wonderful stories of Heaven (told by Colton when he was 3) stir up some wonderful images of the place we will go to for Eternity. Colton's vivid descriptions of the things he experienced are awesome! I love the key verses that have been selected to go along with each detail. The bright yellow cover is sure to capture any child's attention. This book is perfect to read aloud or for a child to read on their own. It would make a wonderful addition to any Sunday School class bookshelf.

Check out these fun resources:

Coloring Pages (free)
An iOS app (on sale today 2/21/13 for $3.99)
The Sunday School Curriculum (today's price $29.99 2/21/13)








I received this selection for the purpose of review as a TommyMommy. All opinions are my own and I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!