And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, February 1, 2013

Favorite Stories

Apple & Speedy love to hear the story of how Hubby & I met. They will sit and listen as we talk about meeting in college, how we met through friends, and how our relationship blossomed. God has an awesome plan for everything and His newest plan for us involves us moving back to that little college town where we first met. It isn't far from where we live now but it's a big change for our family. The kids are excited about getting a new house but apprehensive about leaving the only house they've ever lived in and moving to a different town. Our stories about that town are comforting to them but the BEST comfort comes from God.



Just in time for this scary transition, we have the book of Children's Favorite Bible Stories with illustrations by Natalie Carabetta. As Speedy looked over the story of Daniel and the Lions Den this morning I was able to relate Daniel's story with our own. "God protected Daniel by shutting the mouths of lions! How much easier will it be for God to protect us as we move to a new place?" Speedy has been the most apprehensive about the big change so we will be spending a lot of time reading stories of God's love and protection to him. He also wanted to read the story of Jonah and the big fish this morning. He loved the illustration included with it. Apple is enjoying the less known stories included in this big collection.





I love all the stories, all the illustrations, and the suggestions with each story for "Going Deeper." Including the passages to read the whole story and ideas to explore each story with a conversation, movie, or prayer really makes the stories come to life for the kids. I also enjoy the special stories like "A Good Wife" from Proverbs 31 and the rhymes and quotes that are scattered through the book. The Table of Contents and Index are great for school age children as they work to navigate and read the stories themselves.

Would you like a copy of Children's Favorite Bible Stories for your little ones? For a chance to win leave a comment below (include your email address) telling me your "special word" for the year. You can read about my special words for 2013 here. The giveaway will close on Feb 15 at 12:00 pm CST. Residents of the continental USA only please.

I received a free copy of this book from Tommy Nelson for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Oops forgot my word! Lol...my word this year is Awesome! Lol! It'll keep me motivated to be as awesome as I can! Especially being an Awesome mom! I have an awesome son, so I have to be awesome for him! It's just doing the best as I can in every area!! Email...punkin467@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word for this year is Breathe. I tend to let too much bother me and I need to slow down and just breathe. Thanks for a chance to win :-D
    Jennifernjoshuam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word would have to be PEACE. Two out of two months thus far have been physically daunting for me, to say the least. I am seeking peace in my prayer life and from others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Natasha. Reese set my google up...I see how that went!

    ReplyDelete