And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, February 4, 2013

Fossils!

Apple loves fossils and rocks. She collects them and has them displayed all over her room. Hubby and Apple go on hikes and come home with a bag of treasures and artifacts. Because she is already familiar with fossils and rocks, I knew she would LOVE Awesome Science Episode 6 Explore John Day Fossil Beds. I'm pretty sure this was her favorite episode so far.

I wasn't very familiar with the John Day Fossil Beds until watching this episode with the kids. Noah Justice did a great job (as usual) explaining the fossil beds and how they relate to the Great Flood from Genesis. I love all the Bible references that pop up in the center of the screen as the video plays. As with all of the Awesome Science episodes, this one related back several times to topics covered in previous lessons. I love this as it helps my kids review and retain the information. The other great review tool is the study guide for the episode. With a variety of questions and activities to use it is easy to make sure that the kids understood all the information.



We didn't leave Speedy out! He loved this episode too and was especially interested in the leaves that became part of fossils. Thank you again to Kyle and Noah Justice for another fantastic lesson in Awesome Science!

I received this product for free from New Leaf Publishing for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!