And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, March 11, 2013

Another Great Sunday Night

We enjoyed another installment of The Bible on The History Channel last night. I thought it was almost as good as the first installment. Again the show just brought to life so many moments from the Old Testament. It was anguishing to see Samson's pain from his wife's death on the cross. It was exhilarating to see the walls of Jericho fall.

I felt like the very best story told on last night's episode was the friendship of David and Jonathan. The show did a great job of showing their friendship throughout several different events. One of those events was when David defeated Goliath. My kids waited impatiently for that scene. They enjoyed it but were a tad unimpressed with Goliath. They both felt like a giant should have been much larger. I'll attribute that to all the cartoon versions of Goliath that they've seen over the years.

My husband did have a Bible on hand to read during any parts that seemed questionable. He is very diligent in making sure the kids understand where the show is taking some theatrical leeway. However all in all we are still thankful for this series. I covered some of these points last week but I want to make them again:

~It is 95% better than the other shows on television. By this I mean it is one of the few shows on television that does NOT make fun of Christians and does NOT promote immorality.

~It is a GREAT resource for the non-Christian and new Christians of the world. How better to peak the interest of a non-Christian than with a movie based directly on the word of God? Even though they have taken some liberties in telling the story the message stays true.

~It does open up some amazing discussion with my kids about these stories that they have been hearing their whole lives.

So we will continue watching The Bible on Sunday nights on The History Channel. There are 3 more installments and I'm looking forward to all of them!


I did not receive any compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!