And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Enthralling Criminal Fiction


So if the name Stress Test isn't enough to pique your interest, let me fill you in on Richard Mabry's latest book. Stress Test is the story of Dr. Matt Newman. Dr. Newman just about has his life on track with a quieter professional position and a love interest that is headed in the direction of marriage. That is until he is kidnapped in a parking garage in the middle of the night. Suddenly he finds himself in ICU with a looming charge for murder.

Can his beautiful red-headed attorney prove his innocence? Will they figure out who is trying to frame Matt? Will he ever get his life back? 

This is the kind of fiction that I love. Some law elements, medical elements, and a shroud of mystery. The hint of romance didn't hurt either. The story moves quickly and there is that sense of loss when it ends. I wanted to hear more about the future of the characters. This is the first novel I've read like this in the Christian genre. I've always been curious about novels that blend Christian ideals with a criminal storyline. Stress Test did a wonderful job of melding those worlds. Matt must turn to God to find his way out of an overwhelming situation.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!