And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, March 15, 2013

Sit Down Together

So I've introduced you to some FANTASTIC devotionals over the last couple of years. It's probably obvious that we love Bibles and Devos and have an extensive collection of both. Each family member owns several and the kids have special ones that they read during school time. One thing we've lacked is a really good devotional that we can read together as a family. It's been awhile since we had a dedicated family devo. 

That's why I was so excited to hear about the Whit's End Mealtime Devotionals by Adventures in Odyssey. We are quite familiar with the characters from the Adventures in Odyssey stories so my children were instantly intrigued with this book.



Apple had this to say:

"I like this book because it has prayers and because we can all read it together as a family at the table. I like the prayers because we will have new things to pray about before our meal."

Speedy said:

"I like the Bible stories in it like the story of Goliath."

Mealtimes are a big deal in the chaos. We try to all sit down together for at least one meal a day. I know it's so important to enjoy this while the kids are young. Not only that but sharing a meal with extended family is a tradition we enjoy as well. This short 90 day devotional can only enhance those times. With a prayer, "appetizer", "main course", and "vitamins and minerals" it is still less than a page for each devo. These won't take you long. Just a few minutes before your meal (or anytime really). There are also "table talk" questions to continue the discussion. I think they are my favorite part. Since the kids and I are together all day long sometimes we have long lulls in the conversation around the table. I love questions to keep our discussions Biblical and lively!

This would be a great addition to your dinner table and it's a great gift for families! It can be used for breakfast, lunch, dinner, school time, or before bed. There are also some special devotionals included for specific holidays! I can't wait to use the Good Friday devotional soon.

I received a free copy from Tyndale Blogging Network for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!