And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sparkly!





If you've been hanging around our chaos for awhile then you know that we are Shelia Walsh fans. She's a favorite in the Carter household. Walsh has a new devotional for girls entitled God's Little Angel Shine Your Light Devotional. The target age for this pretty, sparkly devotional is 4-7 but I had a feeling Apple would love it anyway. And she does!





From Apple:

Oh I love the shiny cover! I like it because it has prayers, crafts, and verses called "Sparkling Scriptures." It's very encouraging. I think other girls would like it because it is girlish and it says "You are God's special creation." It has some Bible stories too. 

Apple turns 8 next week. 8 people! 8. Wow. Seems like just yesterday she was my happy baby chugging down a bottle of milk in record time and smiling and waving at EVERYONE she saw. Those 8 years passed in the blink of an eye. I can't imagine how quickly the 5 years will pass between now and the teen years. We need to equip her now. We need to fill her heart with as many scriptures as we can. There will be a day when she doesn't come to us first when she has a problem. We need her to know that she can turn to God first every time. His word will guide her. Of course she already has some 8 year old spunk and independence (who am I trying to kid~Apple was born with spunk and independence) so just telling her verses or having her memorize them doesn't always really connect for her. However she LOVES to read, devours books really. If I fill her shelves with Bibles and devotionals then she will read them. She will pick them up and savor the smell, enjoy the feel of the shiny paper, and fall into the stories of a princess. She will understand that she is indeed God's little princess. And she will smile and years from now when things seem really horrible God will whisper to her heart and remind her. 
Get a preview here so you can see all the cool features that Apple likes! This is the perfect time for this devotional. I love to fill Easter baskets with devotionals and Bibles. Of course I have to throw in some candy too! So if your little princess needs a new devotional for Easter look no further! Tommy Nelson is going to give one reader a copy of God's Little Angel Shine Your Light Devotional! Enter on the easy Rafflecopter below.



a Rafflecopter giveaway I received a free copy of this devotional as a Tommy Nelson mommy for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. I try to read them Bible aloud as much as possible and sung hymns so that my lo can hear the word as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to read them Bible aloud as much as possible and sung hymns so that my lo can hear the word as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Bible and Christian based books to the girls, we sing songs, and Addie has also started to memorize some scriptures. I also look for those teachable moments where we can talk about how God wants us to act or whatever the situation is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we sometimes tell stories at bed time and we often talk about church lessons crystal allen

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!