And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, March 18, 2013

Super Sunday Night

The Bible series presented another great installment last night! We sat down as a family for the beginning of it but our kids missed the last 30 minutes or so this time. They HAD to go to bed. I'm sure your family has nights like that too. :)

We had a little trouble following the very beginning of the episode last night. I'm glad that each installment replays throughout the week because there is usually at least one section that I feel I need to rewatch. The beginning is the part I will be looking for this week.

After that initial confusion, I LOVED the visual portrayal of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Seeing the fourth figure appear in the fire was amazing. When it came time for the birth of Jesus, I was glad the kids had gone to bed. They know babies come from mommy bellies but I didn't want to explain the scene beyond that. Ya know. I enjoyed watching the baptism also. However I felt like that scene was cute too short. I was waiting on more to happen and then it just swapped straight to something else. In particular I was expecting:

Matthew 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

I was sad that there was no representation of the dove and that we didn't hear God's words. 


I thought the scenes with Peter and Jesus were so important. It really shows how Jesus came to people where they were and how He was able to relate to them based on the lives they were already living. He went to the fisherman and related most of what he taught them to their profession. That's very important for us to remember now. We can't expect the unsaved to come to us, we must go to them where they are. We must relate to them in their lives and their experiences. It isn't enough to stand up and proclaim all of our experiences.

You can see my thoughts on The Bible installment 1 and 2.

All opinions are my own. I received no compensation for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!