And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bringing It All Together

Don't you just love it when God brings it all together? Recent conversations in Sunday School about parenting with grace, a conversation with a fellow mom who was feeling like her relationship with God was getting distant, praying over my child who was very ill- those are the things from the last few weeks of my life that felt like they all came together as I was reading Prayer Warrior Mom: Covering Your Kids With God's Blessing and Protection by Marla Alupoaicei.


This lovely book presents 15 chapters to guide you in your most honored position: Mom. The chapters will enhance your prayer life, encourage you as you move through the years as a mother, and draw you closer to God and His purposes for you. Each chapter is punctuated with group discussion questions, verses to learn, and a prayer. Alupeaicei pulls in quotes and guides from some wonderful resources throughout the book and then includes a list of them at the back of the book for quick reference.

As I told friends in various conversations in the last few weeks, I've found over the last few years that the most effect "prayer plan" for me (in this season) is continual prayer throughout the day. I rarely get the quiet time in the morning or evening that I would like to have. Instead I pray throughout the day during conversations, moments with my kids and Hubby, as my heart is pressed about someone or something, etc. I also don't always get dedicated time to read my Bible like I would like to. However I find that reading books like this, helping my kids memorize scripture, and listening to sermons keeps me active in the Word and keeps my "sword" sharp.

Moms let me encourage you: if you are in the midst of a season that has you feeling far from God and frustrated take heart. Don't stress about the 10 minutes or hour you need to reconnect. Instead reconnect during any moment of the day that you can. If your child has a behavior issue, stop and pray. If your spouse is grating your nerves, say a prayer. If you feel stressed and out of control, recall a favorite verse. You will draw closer after just a few days of putting that into action.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!