And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Busy Days

So we've discussed Cleaning Up and Putting it in a Plan but what do you do on the days that go awry? The days that end up with too many activities and too few hours? Or the days that put you off of your plan? Well you roll with it. But I don't mean roll with it as in let it all fall apart. No no. I mean roll with it in a controlled manner.

I failed to put 2 activities on my calendar one week and after making lunch plans an extra practice was thrown at us for that evening. That meant we had a lunch date, consignment sale drop off, choir, and 2 ball practices all in one day. AND since it was a weekday we had school as well. I wanted to panic. That's too much in one day....but I don't like to get behind in school so that had to stay. I needed a break away from the house with my friends so that had to stay. We aren't big on allowing the kids to miss their activities unless there is a conflict that we can't work around so those all had to stay.



I considered early that it might be a drive thru meal that evening. However since we had lunch out that wasn't really in the budget. Instead on the way from one place to another I stopped at the store to grab some easy meal fixings for the slow cooker. Now our dinner was cooking and we could eat when we had time. It was hot dogs and kraut for dinner but that's still healthier than a burger and fries!

Also don't be afraid to ask for help! Enlist your husband, nearby relatives, and friends. Chances are you know another mom or dad on your child's team. Ask them to swap pick up and drop off with you. You will find that most people will be glad to help you out on a crazy day.

Apple running a special race.
I've had lots of friends ask me where I find the motivation to keep going when we have so much happening. Well my answer is this- the motivation doesn't come to me. I don't suddenly feel a rush to get moving. I just have to get up and go. Once I'm in motion I can usually find the motivation to keep going. I get tired, we all do but that's part of this stage of life. Parenting requires energy and motion. So get up. Get going. Tackle it. Conquer it. You'll feel great at the end of the day that you were able to accomplish so much!

I always hear Paul's words echoing in my mind:

I Cor 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!