And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Do Unto Others


Do your kids ever humble you? Mine sure do. Sweet Apple is playing softball for the first time this year. Isn't she cute? 

Last night her team played against a team that was full of little girls we know from church and other activities. I commented to our friend (who is one of the coaches for the opposing team) that I wanted to cheer for all our little friends but I didn't feel right about cheering against Apple's team.

Lo and behold, last night after the game one of the moms from the other team posted on Facebook that Apple had spent the game (as hind catcher) cheering on her friends from the other team as they went to bat. It is still making me tear up just thinking about it! My sweet girl had it right. I was wrong. 

Apple has it figured out. She knows that we should treat others the way we want to be treated (well as long as it isn't her brother!). This is such an important lesson for our children to learn and carry through life. As I consider and pray about the horrible events at the Boston Marathon yesterday, I can't help but think that the person responsible wasn't taught this Biblical nugget.



There is a WONDERFUL cartoon to help reinforce this with your children. It is called Cocka Doodle Doo the Right Thing. Your kids will enjoy spending a day at the farm with Hercules, Sam, and all their friends. These farm animals will learn important lessons about doing the right thing and treating others with love. For your younger children, this video features the letter "C" and will help your kids recognize "C." Apple and Speedy both found the DVD entertaining and the story has stuck with them. I thought it was funny and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the message in the story!

Do you have a little one that would love it too? Enter via the easy Rafflecopter for your chance to win a copy of Cocka Doodle Doo the Right Thing.




a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Cow... I have wanted one for 12 years now. Pretty sure the Navy doesn't pay to move cows. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to watch the horses on the farms.
    Give your daughter a high 5 and tell her "great job!"
    My daughter is 8 and I never know the right thing to tell her when she has friend problems.
    I need to remember "do unto others" also. crystal allen

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!