And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, April 1, 2013

Hiding

It's been a long time since I read a really engaging fiction book. It seems as if all my recent reading material has been non-fiction. I love learning through non-fiction selections but there is nothing quite like losing yourself inside a world other than your own. Invisible by Ginny L. Yttrup instantly had me hooked.


Invisible follows the intermingling lives of 4 main characters: Ellyn, Sabina, Twila, and Miles. At first it's hard to imagine how these 4 can relate to one another as they are all very different people living in a small community. Eventually the tale begins to come together weaving their stories like a well planned quilt. Each one of them is facing an internal struggle. Something they must overcome. Will each one rely on their own strength or will they turn to one another? Can they find God in the midst of the battles?

I love Ellyn. She was comfortable and easy for me to relate to. A chef with a weight problem. While I'm no French trained restaurant owner, I do love to cook and I do tend to eat away my pain. Sabina is a mystery, an enigma, a hidden gem. Twila is easy to recognize hiding behind her mask but her overuse of the word "like" was distracting. Miles is the gentle mannered doctor that we'd all love to have on speed dial.

I am certain that their stories will envelope you just as they did me. The 300+ pages flew by. Come see why each of the 4 is seeking to be invisible.

I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of review from Handlebar Central. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!