And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Finally Found It

The turn in the economy has prompted me to look for more traditional solutions for things. I've found different ways to use inexpensive ingredients and products to replace many of the pricier brands and items I was using in the past. All the old school wisdom of our elders and tricks and tips from the older generations are coming back into play.

One area that I've had trouble finding simple, inexpensive ingredients to use is cooking. It seems like every cookbook I have or recipe I see online uses a long list of expensive ingredients. I just want simple stuff! I usually can't find the exotic items that many recipes call for and a lot of them that I can find are so expensive that I can't afford them!


I was THRILLED to see the Simply Delicious Amish Cookbook as a selection to review from Booksneeze. I LOVE cookbooks anyway and I just knew this one would be STOCK full of all natural recipes that have survived many generations. I was not disappointed in the least.


There are so many things to love about this cookbook. It has over 300 recipes. It includes cute stories and anecdotes from the Amish community. I have seen several familiar recipes that I've always wished I had access to. I've seen several recipes that I've used for years (now I don't have to worry about losing them!) including the same recipe my Grandma used for chocolate cream pie. Almost every recipe has inexpensive, easy to find ingredients (there are a few exotics like the one that calls for alligator meat!). The recipes are family friendly, my kids are going to LOVE them (Fresh Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits anyone?)! There are beautiful full color photos of some of the dishes and many charming black and white photos from the Amish community. 

I love this cookbook. I love it from start to finish. If you like simply delicious cooking then you will love it too!

I can't wait to try them all! This is timely for my family too because one of my goals for the summer is to help Apple learn to cook two whole meals (dinners) from start to finish. She now has a whole new collection of desserts to learn too! 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!