And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Inspiration

I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of review from the Waterbrook Multnomah Blogging for Books program. All opinions are my own.





I told you here how much I love Nick Vujicic's book Unstoppable. I finally had the chance to read and review Vujicic's first book Life Without Limbs. In this book Nick tells us his story from the beginning. He gives insight into his life and the struggles he has faced. He also shares his faith and why it is so strong.

There are really only 2 words to say about this book and its author- inspiring and encouraging. I believe Nick's story could lift anyone from the foulest mood. God is using him in some amazing ways. Vujicic says that his different appearance gets attention so he can spread God's word. He's absolutely right.

I think the most inspiring thing about Nick's story is that he isn't just content to share in comfortable, easy settings. Nick could easily make a living flying around first world countries, sharing his word, while resting in beautiful hotels. He isn't satisfied with that though. Instead Nick goes anywhere and everywhere, from the poorest part of India to the beach to surf with Bethany Hamilton.



I'd love for you to read one or both of Vujicic's books. I know you won't be disappointed. Check out his website here. You can read an excerpt of chapter one here. If there is someone downtrodden in your life, recommend this book to them. They will find a ray of hope in the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!