And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sound, Soothing Advice

Y'all know I love coffee. It's warm, comforting, energizing, bliss. I rarely find that same type of comfort and warm cozy feeling from a book. I should have known that a time honored Christian classic would give me that peace.


I've heard of Charles Spurgeon for years and have enjoyed many of his quotes but I had never read any of his works. When Advice for Seekers arrived I was so excited! The style of this reproduction (published by Attic Books, a division of New Leaf Publishing Group) is amazing in itself. The soothing colors remind me of coffee! The tattered page edges invite you to gingerly thumb through the wisdom included in the text. 

I wish I had read this book years ago. I've never seen such sound Biblical advice included in one place. Spurgeon took some really simple teachings of Jesus and applied them to real life questions. Those same questions that people were asking in the 1890s are valid today. The beautiful language is like a warm blanket of comfort. 

I would recommend this to everyone. Those curious about Christianity. those who have been Christians for decades, those that are stumbling in their walk will all gain valuable wisdom from God's Word in this beautiful text.




I received a free copy of this book from New Leaf Publishing for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!