And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Digging Deeper


I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.


When I first began staying home with Apple I didn't know any other stay at home moms. It was a lonely time. We changed churches when she was very young and while I had my mom nearby I lacked the companionship of ladies my own age that were experiencing the same things I was experiencing. 

I was very blessed to have a mentor. My special SuSu guided me along with her wisdom from years of being a mother and a wife. We helped one another through that season. I was so grateful for her and the wonderful things she taught me.

Debbie Morris was looking for a mentor. She found many of them in the Bible. Morris shares the things she discovered and learned from the women of the Bible in The Blessed Woman. She's really dug into the characters of women like Hannah, Jael, and Miriam. She has studied their behavior (good and bad) and found some important wisdom that we can all learn from. Having this book is like having a group of ladies to turn to when things get tough. 

This book would be PERFECT for a ladies small group or Bible Study. The questions for each chapter will enhance a group or personal study. The 12 chapters would make for 12 great nights of discussions. Click here for a free special podcast from the author. You can learn more about Debbie Morris here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!