And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, June 14, 2013

Action and Adventure

I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of review because I am a Tommy Mommy! All opinions are my own. 



If you have an older elementary or middle school child that enjoys the supernatural then they will enjoy Shadow Chaser the 3rd book in Jerel Law's series Sons of Angels. The book follows a group of quarterlings (half angels) as they attend a special school. I haven't had the opportunity to read the first two books but Shadow Chaser focuses on Jonah as he struggles through a Job situation. 

Jonah & his classmates are ready for a set of tests for school but Jonah finds himself in supernatural battles to test his strength and faith. Will he trust in God to bring him through or will he succumb to the powers of darkness? Will his classmates turn on Jonah or help him through?

This book is fast paced and intriguing. It is recommended for ages 8-11. I think Apple would enjoy this book but I'm afraid some of the material in it might bog her down. I will hold onto it for 6 months or a year and then let her read it. I think the series is a great alternative to many secular series that focus on the supernatural. In a time that many popular books focus on vampires and witches it is wonderful to have a Christian book that is action packed and fun for older kids to read.

Find out more:

Flipbook






Does this look like something your child would enjoy? Great because I have one copy to giveaway!
I'm trying Giveaway Tools for the first time. Let me know if you like it!

If you have a Kindle there is a limited time sale happening right now! You can get a Kindle Edition of Shadow Chaser on Amazon for only $1.99!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Summer!

    I am putting together a blog tour for a dear friend. Her debut book is Homeschooling Co-op's 101. If you are interested in signing up to join us, more info can be found here:

    http://dianeestrella.com/calling-all-homeschool-bloggers/

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trailer caused me and my children to be curious about this series. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!