And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, June 28, 2013

Connection





Are you looking for ways to connect with your spouse? Hubby and I recently celebrated 12 years of marriage. Some days it seems like we blinked and those years flew by. Other days.....well other days I feel like I can clearly remember every one of those 4380 days. You know what I'm talking about......

I find it's even harder for Hubby & I to connect now that his work schedule is constantly changing. Some days we have just enough time to pass on vital information to one another before he heads in for another shift. Needless to say that can be a strain on the relationship. That's why I was so intrigues by Couples of the Bible: A One-Year Devotional Study to Draw You Closer to God and Each Other by Robert & Bobbie Wolgemuth.


Now Hubby & I just don't have much time to put into doing this devo side by side right now BUT I started reading it and I will be introducing him to it ASAP. Even if we can't read it together, reading it will be beneficial. The Wolgemuths have turned to the couples of the Bible for inspiration and guidance. This 52 week devotional is divided into short reading sections for each day Monday through Friday. 

As you read these enhanced stories based on scripture, you will see that many of the couples from the Bible shared the same issues you face in your relationship today. This devotional is sure to open your eyes to God's will for you in marriage as you scour the scriptures and the examples He has given us. Now obviously the authors had to take some of the scriptures and imagine the story details or settings that are not specifically given in the Bible. I was able to read through the enhanced stories with an open mind and an open Bible. I hope you will too!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com® <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!