And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, June 10, 2013

Value

As we are going through this crazy process of looking for a new home, Hubby and I have really had to pick apart what we value in a home. We've had so many discussions about the features we absolutely need in a home, what we would like to have, and what we can live without. We've looked at some nice homes so far but every single one has some things we want, some things we don't want, and is lacking in some areas.

While we've learned to communicate with each other about these houses, we've also gotten a better insight into what is really important to each of us. Apple & Speedy have had some input as well although the final choice will be ours. The dog even gets a silent vote because we need a yard area for her.

So all this has me thinking, what DO we really value? Not just in a house but in life. What do you value for yourself? What do you value as a spouse? What do you value as a parent? What do you value as a friend? And here's the biggie......what do you value as a Christian?

I think as we age it is easy to walk through life without stopping to evaluate. I mean if you are anywhere near as busy as I am then your time is limited for self-analysis! However I think it's important. It is so easy to slip into the rut of life and look up to realize you've been a real grouch for a month or you haven't spent any quality time with your kids in 3 months or you haven't prayed   for weeks. I'm sure Satan loves those times in our life. When we are moving through the routine mindlessly then we aren't seeking God.

So it's time for me to ask myself (and for you to ask yourself):

What do I value more?

Time with my kids or time online?

A kind word to my spouse or having the last word?

My favorite novel or tucking my kids into bed?

A few minutes to relax or a few minutes in prayer?

Sleeping in or worshiping the Lord?

Having the latest wardrobe piece or giving to the community?

The list could go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!