And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, July 15, 2013

It Matters



I told you about Motor Oil Matters (MOM) in this previous post. Last week I had the opportunity to go and get the oil changed on my van. It was just over the recommended time/ miles. First I checked the MOM website to see if they had suggestion for an oil change shop in my area. Alas they did not so I decided to head to the closest oil change facility. That happens to be at a superstore retail location. I normally don't use that facility but I had some other shopping to do so it was convenient. 




I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't much of a line. A super polite gentleman came out and got my information. I had the MOM checklist pulled up on my smartphone and I asked him a few of the questions. He was so patient and helpful! He went over the various oil change options and went as far as to tell me which ones weren't worth the price. I felt safe leaving my vehicle in his hands.


Once inside the store I double checked that I would be getting a new oil filter and that the oil being used was the correct viscosity and was API- Licensed. 

The kids and I took our time in the store and picked up all the items we needed. We were able to pay for our items and the oil change all at one time. The oil change was finished in less than 45 minutes. I left with a receipt in hand and a clear understanding of the service my vehicle had and the next time it should be done.  I have a high mileage vehicle and I need to do everything I can to keep it running smoothly.



Now here comes the really fun part.....is it time for an oil change on your vehicle? Motor Oil Matters is going to supply one lucky reader with a $50 gift card! It will be a Visa gift card so you can use it at the facility of your choice. This giveaway is open to US residents only. Enter via the easy Giveaway Tools widget below. If you are the lucky winner don't forget to take your MOM checklist to your next oil change!




"The Motor Oil Matters information and gift cards have been provided by Motor Oil Matters.” 

27 comments:

  1. The tip I find most important is "Is it time for a change?" I can hardly ever get myself into an oil change place with my troupe, much less on time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Did you get a receipt? tip

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tip is useful-to use the viscosity recommended in your vehicle’s owner's manual. SAE 5W-20 and 5W-30 are often recommended for today’s cars

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tip for getting the right viscosity seems most valuable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the tip for me is...Time for a change? My car does tell me the percentage of oil life that is left. The guy at the dealer told me to always change it at 30%....We never do. We always wait till it says 0. So...is it really time for a change?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned to always change the filter along with the oil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned that Using motor oil that’s not up to API’s standards could compromise a vehicle’s performance over time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the tip to write down the mileage and date of your oil change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the tip of recording when you had your last change

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the tip about writing down when you had your last oil change.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the tip about making sure you are getting quality oil in your vehicle before you opt for a cheaper deal- livivua

    yes.4eva.r(atgmaildotcom)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like the tip about getting the right viscosity of your oil

    kolpin4680 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was was useful for me - Make sure the oil change includes a fresh filter.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the tip for using oil with the correct viscosity, is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the one about, When is my next oil change?
    rjwashington2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. when to change but it seems they are now doing 5-9k miles

    ReplyDelete
  17. record your last date of oil change

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like Whens Your Next Oil Change? I know sometimes they put a sticker on the window but sometimes it fades or falls off so I never know when the right time to do it is.
    marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com Merry

    ReplyDelete
  19. I learned it is important to change the filter when you change the oil

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like knowing that to get a full charge, I also need to change the filter. The question is "Getting a Full Charge"?

    2dogs5catscrew@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. my tip is to make sure you get a fresh filter each time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the tip about why it is important to change the filter at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. SHERRIE C.

    I find looking at the owner's manual to make sure I'm getting the right viscosity and looking for API-licensed oil and for API symbols like the 'Donut' (meets API engine oil standards) and API Certification Mark 'Starburst' (meets (ILSAC) standard) most valuable.

    callawishes(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Writing down when your last oil change was. Obvious, but it's bears repeating!
    Digicats {at} Sbcglobal {dot} Net

    ReplyDelete
  25. making sure you get a fresh filter is a good tip

    jennifer marie

    lilnursejen at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Making sure that I get a receipt and that the filter is replaced when the oil is changed

    ReplyDelete
  27. The time for an oil change is important, I always forget

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!