And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Marked or Markless



As Apple continues to CONSUME every book she can get her hands on we struggle to find appropriate reading material for her. I can't tell you how excited I am to find the Swipe series by Evan Angler. I personally enjoyed reading this book and it is a book that Apple will love. It has suspicion, mystery, intrigue, excitement, and Biblical references. I read the third book in the series Storm. I can't wait to go back and read the first two books now but I will say it was easy to jump into the series without starting at the beginning.



Revelation 13:16-17

King James Version (KJV)
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.


Evan Angler has taken this verse and created his idea of what these times might look like. In this mystery thriller, the "Marked" and "Markless" are living in a post-war torn America under the leadership of General Lamson. Lamson has joined forces for Global Unity with the European leader Cylis. The world should be reveling in the promises of this G.U. but instead Marked and Markless are suffering the effects of drought and there is a new sickness going around. How will Logan, Peck, and the Dust help out? Can they save their friend Erin?

Storm is exciting. It is full of mystery. Any older elementary- middle school aged child will enjoy it. I mean anyone really because I enjoyed it! Watch for the author's references to himself and the first book of the series Swipe. I'm curious to see if Apple will pick up on those. Check out a special sneak peek here: http://issuu.com/tnelson/docs/fb_storm.


Would you like a copy of Storm? I have one copy to give away. Enter via the easy Giveaway Tools widget.


Entry-Form

I received a free copy of this book from Tommy Nelson for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I was SO excited to see your giveaway on Pinterest! My daughter has been reading the Swipe series & got my son and I so interested by telling us about the books. We bought our own copies of Swipe the last time we were at Mardels. I would LOVE to win a copy of Storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing trailer! I absolutely loved it and the book sounds so good! Would love to win this novel! I have heard great things about the series!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!